Everybody knows that you need to start practicing writing 2011, especially on checks, right now. Just like that new medicine cabinet in your new home almost gets ripped out of the wall by everyone grabbing the wrong side, so does everything else in your life. So here's my roof tips to keep up this year:
1) Keep your gutters, valleys, and back of your chimney free of debris.
2) Walk around your home one a month and visually inspect the perimeter of the foundation, eaves, and ground. Make sure you have positive drainage away from the house or those little lakes might mess up your foundation. Look for rotting wood or peeling paint.
3) Look in your attic once a month and look at the flue pipes, wiring, and deck. Check for leaks, deadly gas fumes, and potential fires.
4) Call us just before winter to look for backed out nails and a chimney inspection. You might have us look in the attic.
5) Do the roof frost inspection I talked about before. Keyword in the search bar is "frost."
6) Read my blog.
7) Hug your kids more in 2011.
We hope you've learned something and have chuckled a little, but not too much, because you might be laughing at me. A smile will do.
Most Popular Posts
When your toes are so cold they hurt. That's what Jon says but the industry doesn't even say that. Our beloved National Roofing Cont...
Never forget that water usually goes down hill. It's those exceptions that get the novice in trouble. Perfectly good valley systems fail...
Whenever a roof meets a wall, skylight, or chimney the need for flashing arises. When the water runs parallel to the wall, step flashing is ...
Because I said so. It's permanent, beautiful, energy efficient, and cheap in the long run. All this is true as long as you don't use...
Friday, December 31, 2010
Good Bye 2010
Posted by The Roof Forum at 8:08 AM
DALLAS ROOFING DESCRIPTIONS Dallas Roof
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment